This week, I started to read 102 Minutes, a book about 9/11. However, I realized that students were reading this in a class, so I had to stop reading that book. Instead I found a book called “The Baseball” by Zack Hample. This book as the title suggest is about a baseball, but not just any baseball. This goes into the way that a baseball is made from inside out. It also gives some tips on how to walk out of a ballpark with your own souvenir, a baseball, from the game. Zack Hample is what people like to call a Ball Hawk. Ball Hawks are people that go to games not to watch them, but in order to walk out of the ballpark with as many souvenirs as possible. This book also goes into detail about the history of a baseball. Did you know that if you caught a foul ball in the early years of baseball, you had to throw it back onto the field of play? In the early years, if you were caught keeping a foul ball or a home run, you could be arrested and fine up to a 100 dollars (that was a lot back then). However, fans these days keep the balls as souvenirs, unless the away team hits a foul ball or home run, in this case, fans throw the ball onto the field of play as a sign of disrespect.
No comments:
Post a Comment